In this bonus episode we speak with Apols Garmay, the founder of Hidden Manna Farms. If you are curious then listen in.
Apols is building an agro startup in the Philippines.
Connect with Apols
- “I rarely see ago startups apply technology where the farmer and consumer are both involved.” A. G. [15:35]
- “From the very beginning I thought I would be like other startups focussed on fruits and vegetables, which is very common here among other founders.” G. [22:50]
- “You have been farming for 40-50 years but why are you still in the same situation….It is so sad to think that this has been going on for years and nothing has changed.” A.G. [30:40]
- “ Contract farming was started by the FAO but not many of our agro people know about this.” A.G. [48:00]
- “The main challenge we have right now is funding, the second challenge is strengthening the app.” G. [1:00]
Review the Rare Birds Emerging Markets Podcast
Tweet us @RareBirdsHQ_