- Cameroon Known as “Africa In Miniature”
- Why Gaelle Chose to Study Journalism in China
- Completing Her Master’s Degree in Journalism in English
- Her PhD & Developing Her Perspectives of Media
- Her Passion for China-Africa Relations
- Co-Founding Duapa Africa & How It Facilitates China Africa-Trade
- Being the Co-Founder and CEO of Think, Share, & Create Hub (TSCHub)
- Drivers of Change in the Developing World: Women, Youth, Entrepreneurship & the Role of Governments to Create Favourable Policies
- Starting a Company as a Student in China
- Creating Harmony and Managing Opportunities
- Why Students Should Experience China Whilst They’re Here
MORE INFO ON GAELLE
Gaelle, is a Ph.D. candidate in media and communication studies at Tsinghua University in Beijing. She first arrived in China in 2014 to complete her Master’s Degree in Global Business Journalism at the same university. In the course of the several years that she has spent in China, Gaelle has been involved in several extra-curricular activities that have allowed her to make the most out of her academic experience in China. Last year, she was the President of the Tsinghua University African Students Association, where she worked with other talented African students to consolidate the African community of Tsinghua university and to support African students throughout their stay in China, as well as to showcase the uniqueness of Africa to non-African students in the university and beyond. Since September this year, she is the Vice-President of the Student Association of the Belt and Road Initiative (SABRI), where her work is focused on Africa-China relations as part of the BRI.
In addition to that academic aspect of her journey in China, Gaelle has, since last year, gotten involved in two main entrepreneurial projects in Beijing long with other inspiring young African students, she has Co-founded Duapa Africa last year, a social enterprise that seeks to contribute to the socio-economic transformation of Africa through developing innovative solutions. In 2018, the different activities of Duapa Africa have benefited over a thousand students, young professionals and businesses in China and in Africa.
Since July this year, Gaelle is the Co-founder and CEO of Think, Share, & Create Hub (TSCHub), a Beijing-based social enterprise dedicated to creating platforms where women and youth from different backgrounds and nationalities can get inspiration, resources and skills needed for their personal and professional growth.
Her previous experiences include working at the marketing department of Transsions Holdings’ Tecno Mobile in Cameroon, and as reporter at a local radio station. She strongly believes that it is the positive impact that one creates in other people’s lives that gives value to one’s actions, and that it is a great way to express thankfulness for God’s blessings in one’s life.