Our third guest in the East Africa bloc is Ethiopian Kahsu Abera, the Chief Executive Officer of Kese Events. Kese Events is an event management company dedicated to creating memorable and breathtaking events. . If you are curious, then listen in.
Kese Events is a platform with an app to stream live and direct as well as sell tickets globally. You will learn about event planning and music events in Ethiopia and around Africa. It was a pleasure to speak with Kahsu to learn more about his startup and how he is supporting artistes with his platform.
Connect with Kahsu
- “In our platform we also have a gallery placement and a podcast placement.” Kahsu A. [10:00]
- “Before the pandemic we were only organising events. Our plan was to make a big reggae festival but when the pandemic hit we could not. So we made our platform with the abilities to stream events. [11:44]
- “We have more than music we also have other events like comedies…We also plan to add a virtual reality experience and incorporate blockchain.” Kahsu A. [16:20 ]
- “As you know the metaverse is a new way of streaming opportunities. Our next plan is to approach investors to help us implement this.” – Kahsu A [23:40]
- “There are many challenges, it is hard to explain what we are doing. It is seen by people as a fancy thing, so people do not understand.” Kahsu A [27:00]
- “We have some events with Julian Marley the son of Bob Marley …” Kahsu A. . [32:08]
- “We asked our mentors and we came up with some ideas.” Kahsu A. [40:00]
Review the Rare Birds Emerging Markets Podcast
Tweet us @RareBirdsHQ_