Our seventh and final guest in the East Africa bloc is Rwandan, Vivens Uwizeyimana, the Chief Executive Officer of UmuravaWork, a one-stop Pan-African freelance services marketplace. If you are curious, then listen in and as always I will see you at the end.
A One-Stop Pan-African Freelance Services Marketplace & Top Talents Platform that enables businesses and individuals to easily access digital services and top vetted freelance talents from Africa across various areas of expertise to work on several jobs & projects. This is how Vivens describes his startup Umuravawork. It was a pleasure to speak with Vivens to hear how he is solving the talent and unemployment problem in Rwanda.
Connect with Vivens
Linkedin | Website | Twitter | Facebook
- “I connected the challenges of young people who are struggling to get skills and also looking at young people who are not employed. Then after looking at the ways African businesses’ struggle.” Vivens U. [03:50]
- “There is a mismatch between jobs and skills.” Vivens U. [05:30]
- “We are an all in one platform for businesses’ and African Talents…The businesses’ come on the platform and make their request. Then we use data analytics to ensure they get the talent they are looking for. “ Vivens U. [7:20]
- “We make our vetting process very tough. If we see the person has really delivered then we know that this person does not need a test…” – Vivens U. [10:30]
- “Next year we have plans to go beyond Rwanda, we also want to create a specialised solution for Europeans who want to hire African talents.” Vivens U. [17:15]
- “As of now I am the Founder with experience in project management and data analysis, we have another teammate focussed on operations and on the other side we have a software developer. We are all young guys, who struggled from scratch. We are a team of three people….” Vivens U. [21:50]
- “I think the big challenge we are facing is that we have many young people who are looking for jobs on a daily basis.” Vivens U. [24:00]
- “We want the entire value chain of preparing the talents, getting the talents and getting the businesses’…” Vivens U. [27:52]
- “I have learned a lot, we are a strategic team and in entrepreneurship we do plan. It is recommended to experiment…The smaller the better will drive the bigger and the best.” Vivens U. [29:00]
Review the Rare Birds Emerging Markets Podcast
Did you enjoy the show? Give us a review and rate us on Apple or on Spotify
Tweet us @RareBirdsHQ_