Our fourth guest in the South Asia series is Rashik Hoque the Cofounder and CEO of Onethread. A multi-team project management solutions platform. If you are curious, then listen in.
Rashik is passionate about making businesses’ in Blangladesh efficient. It was a pleasure to speak with Rashik.
Connect with Rashik
- “The ecosystem in Bangladesh is very nascent right now… It has been about 5-6 years since we are starting to see growth…We are still in very early stages. We are seeing startups solving very basic problems.” Rashik H. [6:10]
- “SaaS is very new in Bangladesh right now. We are starting to see maybe 1-2 companies in the market right now.” Rashik H. [7:32]
- “Young, tech savvy Bangladeshis always see the USA as a go-to…Especially for those who want to achieve the top in their career.” Rashik H. [9:35]
- “We started from scratch, so the idea was pretty simple. We looked into the market and we saw a plethora of project management tools but no one was using them. If there are so many solutions and the businesses’ clearly need them, why are they not being used?” Rashik H.. [17:35 ]
- “We realised that we needed to create something simple and that offered local support.” Rashik H. [20:20]
- “We have made a solution that is very feature lite.” Rashik H.. [21:45]
- “The idea is it is not designed for teach teams, if you are a high tech person you will hate this solution.” Rashik H.. [22:50]
- “SaaS we have a few more companies in Bangladesh but project management we are the first company.” Rashik H.. [24:30]
- “It has been such a struggle being the first.” Rashik H. [25:25]
Review the Rare Birds Emerging Markets Podcast
Tweet us @RareBirdsHQ_