Our sixth guest in the South Asia series is Sri Lankan Miller Alexander Rajendran the founder & CEO of SenzAgro. If you are curious, then listen in.
Miller is building an advanced technological product for the agro industry in his native Sri Lanka. He is passionate about entrepreneurship and development.
Connect with Miller
- “The startup ecosystem is new, growing and it is very vibrant. We replicate things from India, so their ecosystem started to develop and later ours did as well. Everyone wants to be an entrepreneur.” Miller A. R. [4:55]
- “The biggest barrier is that farmers cannot access the land because of landmines.” Miller A. R. [13:30]
- “We registered the company in 2018 and we have converted several thousand farmers who are doing agriculture as smart farmers.” Miller A. R. [15:50]
- “We are currently operating in India, Australia, Japan, Ecuador and the Middle East (UAE-Dubai).” Miller A. R. [16:50]
- “Miller A. R. [17:30]
- “We automate the entire irrigation process…We try to make it affordable as possible.” Miller A. R. [19:30]
- “At the moment we have two sets of users, small scale farmers and large scale agro businesses.’ Miller A. R. [26:19]
- “The younger generations are not interested in farming.” Miller A. R. [38:09]
- “If you want to start something just start it…If there is a failure do not feel ashamed, just chin up and get back on. Pivoting is important. People try to defend what they are doing. Do not try to defend your argument against the market. The consumer is the king and if the consumer says this is how they want it, then do it.” Miller A. R. [45:15]
Review the Rare Birds Emerging Markets Podcast
Tweet us @RareBirdsHQ_