Alice Gbelia founded Ayoka Deco to try to bring her touch to the evolution of Art on the African continent. She was born in Chad, raised in Abidjan and Lille and now resides in Zurich.
Jo-Ann talks to Alice Gbelia, the founder and CEO of Ayok’a. Prior to founding Ayok’a, Alice has worked in the digital field for 15 years, as a Content Manager/Strategist for media and e-commerce companies. Back in 2008, she founded an online culture magazine celebrating African and Caribbean culture in London that went on win several blog awards. This passion for black art & culture and expertise in digital media led her to create Ayok’a.
In this podcast Alice shares with us what it is like to build a business from scratch and work a full time job. She also delves into the challenges and rewards of doing both. Are you building a business and working a full time job?
- The importance of profiling African Art
- What to consider before starting a business
- Time management whilst working full time and building a business
- The importance of outsourcing
- The rewards of working full time and building a business